Commercial Banking Leadership Development Program
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Once accepted into the CBLDP, the program participants will
develop a strong foundation in commercial banking and credit
analysis through an accelerated technical, sales, and leadership
curriculum. The Commercial Banking Analysts focus on enhancing
skills by combining formal credit and sales training with hands-on
business application. Duties and Responsibilities Credit Analyst
- Financial statement spreading and analysis, including
calculation of Debt Service Coverage or Fixed Charge Coverage
Ratios per Busey guidelines.
- Use financial data such as cash flow, liquidity, profitability,
and leverage to determine and minimize the overall risk of
extending credit to businesses and individuals.
- Work with Commercial Relationship Managers or other Lending
staff to prepare clear and concise Commercial Credit Approval
Request (CCAR) memos that include all pertinent information
associated with the overall risk of the loan, identifying the
strengths and weaknesses of the Borrower.
- Evaluate collateral, industry data and other relevant credit
- Assist with Portfolio Management duties to include testing
financial covenants, monitoring monthly borrowing base reports,
preparing portfolio reviews and sensitive asset reports, as
- Assist Commercial Relationship Managers with the preparation of
opportunity memos for new and existing relationships.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Commercial Banking Loan
Policy and systems, including nCino.
- Assist with other duties or special projects as assigned.
Program Activities and Tasks
- Participate in all scheduled credit and sales training.
- Periodically attend scheduled meetings with Bank
- Participate in rotations across all areas of the organization
which include Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, Commercial
Support, Retail, and Mortgage.
- Participate in leadership development training sessions
scheduled throughout the duration of the program.
- Engage in volunteer activities and networking events within
Busey's markets which provide exposure to community members,
business leaders, and customers.
- Learn from a mentor in the Commercial and/or Credit space for
continued development Curriculum:
- Commercial, Credit, Cash Management
- Relationship Banking - Retail, Mortgage Wealth Management
- Paired with a leader in the Commercial and/or Credit space for
continued development Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or graduate
with 1-3 years' experience in a business-related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher is preferred
- Participation in community or school-based organizations or
equivalent work experience
- Flexibility to travel within Busey's markets including but not
limited to: Indianapolis, Illinois, Missouri, and Florida
Qualifications Knowledge :
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong sales and customer service skills Ability :
- Multi-task and work independently
- Analyze and interpret numerical data
- Make independent and difficult decisions within parameters of
the Bank's loan policies EOE of Minorities, Females, Vets,
Keywords: Busey, Champaign , Commercial Banking Leadership Development Program, Accounting, Auditing , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!