Banking Center Manager
Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our
whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable,
more confident and more excited to do great things for our
customers, each other and our company. We're proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we
recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we
encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong
here. Position Summary The Banking Center Manager is a proven
leader with a track record of success. They will be responsible for
individual business development goals, and for leading, managing
and coaching a team of sales and service professionals to meet and
exceed performance targets, to provide mentorship and leadership
within the region, ensure the operational excellence of the banking
center and create an excellent customer experience. As a Best
Banker at Midland States Bank, this position plays a critical role
in developing and maintaining the staff's effectiveness to present
the best solutions to customers, delivering an exceptional customer
experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position
require the ongoing focus of developing teams that build solid and
long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive
manner, and providing an experience that includes undivided
attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service while ensuring
that the customer's best interests are our number one priority.
- Regularly and customarily directs the work of the staff to
effectively identify the financial needs of our customers.
- Set expectations for branch staff, fostering an environment in
which team members work together to achieve all business
- Generates portfolio growth by identifying cross-sell
opportunities, coaching the team to deepen relationships and
increase client acquisition, utilizing professional relationships
to drive new business.
- Integrate business partners (e.g. Commercial and Small
Business, Home Lending, Financial Advisors) into the branch team to
drive sales and ensure that all client expectations are met.
- Creates and executes an effective business plan that identifies
market opportunities and challenges, engages their team and
partners, and best utilizes bank resources to grow market share
within their community.
- Demonstrates a track record of success calling on small
business customers to generate new business clients, while also
maintaining and expanding existing consumer and business banking
- Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and
constructive performance feedback through weekly check-ins, huddle
meetings, and coaching & observation sessions.
- Reviews and evaluates branch activity reports, including
staffing, loan and deposit growth, overdrafts, charge-offs, and
audits to meet profit and performance objectives.
- Create workforce stability by cultivating an engaged and well
- Will be responsible for either multiple locations or a large
- Is a leader and center of influence within local community
organizations and activities.
- Leads strategic Regional initiatives to improve process and
- Provides support for On-line Banking Customers.
- Provides mentorship and support to peer BCM's.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including,
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Demonstrate and model Midland States Bank core values that
support the bank's culture. Position Qualifications
- Associates Degree in a related field, Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of sales management experience with a proven
track record of driving sales, both individually and as a leader of
a sales team.
- Minimum 5 years of retail sales and customer service
experience. This position requires National Mortgage Licensing
System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of
2008. Ability to:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and transport coin and currency bags as
required (bags may weigh between 25lbs and 50lbs) Other Desired
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply Competencies:
- Business insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Makes sound decisions
- Being a brand champion
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Being Authentic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self development
- Being flexible and adaptable If you require reasonable
accommodation in completing this application, interviewing,
completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating
in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to
Midland States Bank Human Resources at HR@midlandsb.com . THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Champaign , Banking Center Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!