Accounts Receivable Representative 3 - Collections
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Accounts Receivable Representative 3 is proficient in Accounts
Receivable Representative 2 responsibilities. In addition, serves
as an expert resource for escalated account activities for multiple
payer product lines. Represents Carle in external accounts
receivable efforts (examples: court appearances, fair hearings,
meetings with employers and insurance companies). Assists with
mentoring, training and observing staff for quality assurance.
Assists with creating training materials and process flows.
Participates in projects. Involved in system testing and
development. Builds and analyzes management summary reports. Serves
as a liaison with third party vendors assisting with collection of
Associate's Degree in Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
CLEF/Front Line Leader certification may be required at Manager's
discretion. Notary certification may be required.
Two (2) years of experience in health care with focus in healthcare
business office operations and customer service required or a high
performer as an Accounts Receivable Representative 2. Proficient in
Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access,
Visio and receivables management systems.
Possesses the other knowledge and skills of the Accounts Receivable
Representative 2. Additionally, requires strong listening and
- Must be able to perform essential job functions of Accounts
Receivable Representative 2.
- Assists with developing policies and procedures, training
materials and process flows including those related to system
upgrades to ensure optimal performance.
- Mentors, trains, observes and educates staff to ensure quality
and optimal staff performance.
- Facilitates maximization of revenue by ensuring that payer
specific requirements are applied appropriately and claims are
appealed as necessary.
- Assists with daily department flow; ensures appropriate
staffing and optimal productivity levels.
- Handles escalated patient, provider and third party
- Monitors dashboard for assigned payers. Analyzes AR and
optimizes collection of accounts receivable.
- Responsible for system build, quality review and review of all
user generated letters.
- Prepares and submits quarterly Medicare credit balance
- Facilitates Medicare ADR, CERT and RAC audits as well as
Compliance audits and Medicaid RAC audits.
- Acts as a liaison with external vendors and collection
- Assists in evaluation of billing opportunities related to new
technology and/or services.
- Builds and analyzes management reports to identify patterns and
trends and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects, system upgrades, process improvements
- Conducts team meetings and provides direction to team
- Represents Carle in external venues such as court appearances,
fair hearings, meeting with employers, attorneys, insurance
companies, community events etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Accounts Receivable Representative 3 - Collections, Accounting, Auditing , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!