3rd Shift Site Technician - Lafayette, IN
Company: Konecranes Inc
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Konecranes IncEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected CategoryCountry: United
StatesLocation: Lafayette, IN, USEmployment type: Undefined
termCountry: United States (US)
Location: Lafayette, Indiana (US-IN)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built
on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to
providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that
lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and
drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Do you have an interest in becoming an experienced electrical or
mechanical technician? Are you able and capable of working at
extreme heights? Konecranes has many opportunities open across the
united states that we are looking to fill with mechanically
inclined individuals. At Konecranes, service technicians are the
heart of our industry. Our technicians work in a safety first type
of environment and don't mind heights or working on mechanical
parts. As a service technician, you will be working with 480 3
phase motors, troubleshooting issues with our cranes, and working
with clients and facility directors to ensure that our clients are
properly being taken care of. Our service technicians are provided
with a company vehicle for their travels, and have the opportunity
to experience new and challenging situations with each job
- Assist in all Konecranes activities performed at a specific
- Complete the site established schedule of customer required
Inspections & Preventative Maintenance ensuring the schedule is
completed or alternative arrangements are made.
- Ensure performance of Inspections & Preventative Maintenance
within the allowed hours without compromising safety or quality.
Communicate exceptions to the Site Supervisor.
- Ensure that Inspections are performed in accordance with
established guidelines. Document findings and make corrective
recommendations to the customer for inspected equipment including a
"Safety Deficiency" list of any observed or known safety
- Assist the Site Supervisor to determine the customer's
intention to purchase repairs and communicate any actions needed to
sell or complete repairs.
- Consult with customer representatives regarding repair and
safety related issues. Assist Site Supervisor in determining labor
estimates, special tools, requirements or hazards.
- Provide proper checklists and required forms for all inspection
or service related documentation. This includes Service Reports,
Time Sheets and Inspection Reports; obtain customer signatures on
appropriate forms to document acceptance.
- Provide daily supervision & support for site based Inspector/
Technicians with guidance from the Site Supervisor or higher-level
management. Perform spot checks to ensure highest level of quality
- Provide Quick Quotations for immediate service or repair needs
as requested by customer; obtain customer signatures on appropriate
forms to document acceptance.
- Complete & provide a proper checklist and required forms for
each Quick Quotation to the Site Supervisor for tracking and follow
- Read, understand and apply the contents of OSHA, ANSI, CMAA,
HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry.
- Refresh and update knowledge periodically. Assist other site
based personnel with questions related to Inspection practices,
software and documentation.
- Ensure the completion of Inspection Reports and other required
and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and
legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance
with established guidelines.
- Review jobs with Site Supervisor; discuss repair issues and
customer feedback received during inspections.
- Maintain regular communication with the Site Supervisor and
Service Manager in accordance with established practices.
- Coordinate work schedule with Site Supervisor. Perform service,
repair & inspection work as required and scheduling permits.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a
safe and proper working order.
- Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible
manner. Notify Site Supervisor of any deficiencies and assist in
resolution of issues.
- Maintain a supply of forms, literature, inventory and
miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including
those established by the customer.
- Maintain uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: Associate's degree in Industrial Electricity,
Electronic Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent
vocational/technical training and experience are preferred.
Preferred Education: Minimum one (1) year experience involving
advanced electrical Field Service or Crane Service required. 6
months' experience as a service technician preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record,
including a valid driver's license. Must be willing and able to
work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as
required by customer, be available for "on call" as part of the
service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town,
on occasion. Must be willing to work a 3rd shift schedule with
hours from 11pm-7:30am Sunday-Thursday. Limited OT
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses?, serving
a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with
16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80
years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and
performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe
that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible
performance. . PI112890699
Konecranes is a global leader in the manufacturing and service of
industrial overhead cranes and lifting equipment. For over 80
years, we've been dedicated to improving safety and productivity of
businesses in all types of industries, including manufacturing and
process industries, nuclear and renewable energy, shipyards, ports
and terminals. Our strength comes from our continuous commitment to
provide equipment and service that people can trust, accompanied by
innovative technologies designed to improve performance,
reliability and safety in every part of business operations that
involve heavy lifting.
Keywords: Konecranes Inc, Champaign , 3rd Shift Site Technician - Lafayette, IN, Engineering , Lafayette, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!