Company: First Mid Bank & Trust
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At First Mid, we aim to make our customers feel valued,
satisfied and understood. We will achieve this by developing a
personalized relationship with our customers and by asking
questions to create a customized solution based on their needs and
throughout their stages of life. We will create clients for life by
adhering to our core values and our service standards. As a First
Mid leader, a Branch Manager serves as a champion of this
mission.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees operational and sales function of larger volume branch
or stand-alone banking centers in the individual market areas.
- Responsible for leading the team to ensure an exceptional
customer and team member experience.
- Acts with confidence by answering customer questions and owning
- Maintains a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all
customer or team member information confidential.
- More community-focused, sales leader.
- Stays abreast of industry knowledge, regulations, and changing
environment in the financial industry.
- Manages and ensures internal changes to processes and
procedures are communicated and implemented.
- Communicates and ensures adherence to all bank initiatives,
compliance, security, and operational policies and procedures as
well as financial loss standards.
- May process consumer loan requests.
- Resolves customer concerns and issues when needed.
- Responsible for continual training of staff, which includes but
is not limited to, sales, operation policy and procedures, customer
service, product knowledge, risk management, and physical security.
Maintains thorough product knowledge.
- Oversees the training of the Deposit Service team to operate
- Assigns and schedules staff to ensure optimum service coverage,
even distribution of the workload and appropriate project
- Delegates various operations duties to the Assistant Branch
Manager and/or branch staff while maintaining overall
- Meets with branch staff regularly (both 1:1 and in group
meetings) to organize sales efforts, communicate procedural/product
changes, and resolve issues to optimize branch performance and
employee engagement. Establish regular coaching opportunities with
each team member to review goals and highlight further personal
- Responsible for monitoring Branch income and annual
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates the branch staff to
enhance individual productivity and enable them to function
according to their respective job description.
- May be required to work in other First Mid Banking
- Works closely with Market Manager/Regional Deposit Manager and
other business units in growing deposits, loans, and sales of other
- Identifies opportunities to expand and maintain existing
consumer and business banking relationships, while displaying sales
- Develops goals for the retail team and accesses progress of the
individuals and the branch to meet corporate initiatives.
- Primarily focused on cross-selling to existing customer base
and engaging in outside sales activities (i.e. onsite
presentations, business sales calls, community events, etc.) as
- Communicates corporate initiatives to generate understanding
from the team and connect to the Bank's values and culture.
- Demonstrates the ability to professionally represent First Mid
in terms of appearance and verbal/written communication.
- Monitors the competitive environment by staying informed of
changes in the financial services industry. Assesses competitors'
rates and services, determines their impact on the branch, and
informs the Direct Supervisor of their implications and
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Associates Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of
sales management experience with a proven track record of driving
sales, both individually and as a leader of a sales
- Minimum 5 years of retail sales and customer service
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced math
functions that will allow for the analysis of credit and financial
information.First Mid Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other
applicable federal or state-protected classification.THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENTLP123
Keywords: First Mid Bank & Trust, Champaign , Branch Manager, Executive , Charleston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!