RN - Emergency Department Case Manager
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The RN will conduct a comprehensive patient/family assessment
and admission review to the ED to ensure appropriateness of the
setting and timely implementation of the plan of care. The nurse
will work with the hospital teams to determine a plan of care and
assist in implementing the plan for positive patient outcomes.
Flexible Day Shift Schedules Available: Part-Time
- 2 - 12-hour shifts per week, 7am -7:30pm
- 1 - 12-hour shift per week, 7am -7:30pm
- Meet with patients and families, talking over the plan of care
with the medical care team, and the use of the nursing process to
assist patients and families through the emergency room
- Provides early identification of high-risk patients and their
- Provides identification of patients for whom standard of care
treatments could be safely rendered at home.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, primary nurses, care
team leaders, staff nurses, social workers, other care giving
disciplines and patients/families to develop, implement, and
evaluate a plan of care for the patient.
- Demonstrates ability for complex clinical decision-making.
- Collaborates with medical staff to recommend and arrange
post-acute care including outpatient care, home health or other
community agencies as indicated.
- Advocates for patients and families within the health care
- Provide early identification of high-risk patients and their
- Critically evaluates and analyzes physical and psychosocial
- Demonstrates ability for complex clinical decision making.
- Leads, coordinates and facilitates patient progression
throughout the continuum
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Emergency Department Case Manager, Executive , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!