Company: PHM Brands
Posted on: January 23, 2023
PHM BrandsMonticello, ILSUMMARY:Salary: $95,000 - $120,000 /
yearProduction Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage, grain handling and extraction operations, including
food safety, plant quality, customer experience, employee and asset
safety, operation efficiencies, plant security, plant
environmental, cost savings, budgets, continuous improvement, and
drive initiatives and innovation that generate new opportunities.
As well as coaching and mentoring management team by utilizing lean
- Be a leader for our Plant Team and cross functionally
throughout the company.
- Mandate adherence to all safety guidelines and work to provide
a safe work environment for all employees.
- Troubleshoot problems by investigating and inspecting all
process and machine malfunctions to solve and eliminate process
- Perform minor, preventative, and predictive maintenance duties
- Champion continuous improvement across all operational
- Utilize LEAN, statistical and data-visualization tools.
- Manage daily and long-term production activities to meet or
exceed budgeted quality, yield, and operating cost targets by
managing equipment efficiency and productivity.
- Determine appropriate actions with respect to changing
situations resulting from manpower or material changes and
formulates appropriate action plans.
- Develop and mentor professional growth and advancement of
- Create an empowered culture to ensure that organization and its
people understand the goals and objectives of the business and that
they have the resources and leadership support to accomplish them.
Provide an environment which ensures and provides for open and
- Team with engineering to develop improved processes and/or
- Lead cost control and productivity objectives - maintaining
necessary controls to insure that stated objective are
met.Production Manager Qualifications:
- Ideally, Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 7+
years of relevant plant operations experience.
- Strong leadership behaviors with 3-5 yrs. experience as a
supervisor or lead role in Production, Maintenance, or an Engineer
with project leadership.
- Strong leadership behaviors and attention to detail.
- Understanding of hexane extraction, production processes and
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot minor mechanical and
- Computerized Maintenance Management System experience, a
- Mechanical skill set and ability to learn and operate
- Ability to assist maintenance, diagnosing faults, breakdowns,
and repair of equipment.
- This individual must have integrity and values to be a team
- Must have leadership skills and a concern for Safety, Quality,
- Must have excellent verbal communication, problem solving,
dependability, and knowledge.
- Demonstrated and champion food safety behaviors.
- Grain management experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, coaching, setting
expectations, and providing feedback).
- Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others
to work as a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated Continuous Improvement processes.
- Manufacturing and warehousing optimization processes.
- Demonstrated scheduling and process optimization for bulk
loading/unloading, warehouse, and/or packaging operation.Working
- Extreme climate or climate variation.
- Heat up to 100 degrees and lows of 40 degrees.
- Changes of > 30 degrees within a shift.
- Exposure to manufacturing equipment hazards, especially
- Standing and walking on concrete floor.Benefits:
- Medical Insurance (first day of the month after start
- Health Savings, and or Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D, Employer Paid
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident Insurance, Optional
- Critical Illness Insurance, Optional
- 401K, Employer Match
- PTO & Vacation Pay
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $5,000.00 per calendar year
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Company Incentive Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Relocation AvailablePHM Brands is an equal opportunity employer
and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy,
leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information
and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national,
federal, state, or local law.pm21PI201627164
Keywords: PHM Brands, Champaign , Production Manager, Executive , Monticello, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!