Manager- Inpatient Phlebotomy - CFH
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The manager of inpatient phlebotomy is responsible for the
management and oversight of phlebotomy performed at Carle
Foundation Hospital.This position works closely with hospital
operations and laboratory leadership to ensure that phlebotomy
services are meeting the needs of the clinical operation and
delivering high quality phlebotomy.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) upon hire or Phlebotomy
Technician Certification (ASCP) upon hire.
Three (3) years experience in Laboratory or Phlebotomy
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Working knowledge of phlebotomy operations. Personnel management
experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to
work both independently and effectively with others. Excellent
communication and writing skills.
- Recommends and initiates personnel actions for hires, conducts
performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures staff members are adequately trained and are competent
to perform all required job duties.
- Develops metrics and monitors departmental performance and when
necessary, takes steps to improve.
- Prepares an annual budget for the department; monitors,
verifies and reconciles expenditures to budget on a periodic
- Prepares an annual capital budget and submits capital budget
requests as needed.
- Represents the departments on hospital committees as directed
by department leadership.
- Coordinates with the medical staff on issues which impact
department and clinical operations.
- Monitors staffing and service levels for each location where
phlebotomy services are provided.
- Monitors error rates and blood culture contamination rates and
addresses outliers promptly.
- Directly manages the inpatient phlebotomy supervisor.
- Oversees all aspects of phlebotomy operations.
- Serves as resource for laboratory and hospital leadership
- Monitors productivity and efficiency reports for improvement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Manager- Inpatient Phlebotomy - CFH, Executive , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!