Part-Time Marketing Manager
Company: Parkland College
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Job Summary Application review will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing program marketing strategies designed to promote recruitment and retention, with a strong focus on digital channels. The Marketing Manager is a part-time, 12 month, 19 hours-or-less/week position.Typical hours will be between Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. An altered work schedule may be required in order to meet project deadlines. The position involves completing assigned projects within deadline, handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and the possibility of being exposed to confidential information. The Marketing Manager must be able to think strategically, communicate clearly, and work diplomatically with a variety of clients, as well as have the ability to prioritize tasks, acquire and develop software skills, and stay current with trends in design, marketing, and media. Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with clients and the marketing team to develop and execute program marketing strategies with a mix of traditional and new media.
- Conceptualize, build and execute email, social media and SMS marketing campaigns for college programs and enrollment marketing initiatives. Coordinate supporting paid digital or traditional media and tactics as needed.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of social media advertising platforms and best practices to run targeted marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with college program managers on developing new ideas, determining direction, and identifying target audiences and venues for marketing and communications.
- Develop project briefs and manage project execution through completion.
- Collect, analyze, and report campaign metrics to measure success and inform strategic marketing efforts.
- Assist program managers and marketing team with development and distribution of social media content on Parkland College outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. posts as needed. Take photos, video and create copy as needed.
- Identify appropriate use of social media as trends emerge.
- Research and analyze data and determine primary market segments, best carrier routes, etc.
- Collaborate with staff on the design of flyers, graphics, electronic invitations and other marketing materials for Parkland College programs and enrollment initiatives as needed.
- Partner with clients and marketing web team to determine content updates to Parkland.edu for campaigns as needed.
- Consistently produce time sensitive, accurate, high quality, and professional material.
- Perform other job duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's Degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations or a related field AND one (1) year of marketing and/or public relations experience.
- Advanced knowledge of available advertising tools and platforms in the professional social media space; ability to learn new and emerging technologies. Some experience with email marketing platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele.
- Capability and willingness to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Professionalism in actions and appearance.
- Ability to learn the Parkland College information systems, especially Ellucian Colleague and Lumens and new computer programs as technology changes. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design.
- Public relations experience.
- Project management experience.
Keywords: Parkland College, Champaign , Part-Time Marketing Manager, Executive , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!