Lead Hospice/Palliative Care Physician
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in Champaign, Illinois. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Overview
- The Lead Physician will be a "working" physician in hospice and
palliative medicine primarily supporting the inpatient palliative
care team at Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana and Sacred
Heart Medical Center in Danville, with availability to St. Joseph's
Medical Center in Bloomington.
- In addition to direct patient care duties/responsibilities,
this role will work directly with the Home Care and Post-Acute VP
of Clinical Services and VP of Clinical Operations to ensure work
is coordinated and executed within the Eastern Region.
- Each team (lead by a physician or APN) sees an average of 6-8
patients per day.
- This physician will be instrumental in helping with transitions
of care from inpatient palliative care; outpatient palliative care;
and to hospice.
- Requirements: Hospice and Palliative Medicine Certification or
eligibility, with a requirement to certify within the first two
years of employment for HMDC (Hospice Medical Director
Certification). The Benefits
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid
relocation The Community
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is a 206-bed
comprehensive health care facility serving the residents of Urbana,
Illinois, and surrounding areas.
- Though Urbana, population 41,000, is considered a small town,
the combined population of the Urbana-Champaign population is just
shy of 150,000. The community provides the amenities a metropolitan
city would offer, including outstanding restaurants (named best
food town in the Midwest!), a variety of recreational activities
and unique shopping experiences.
- Urbana-Champaign is within three hours of Chicago, St. Louis,
- Home of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, ranked the
14th best public university in the nation and 32nd globally,
includes a medical school with teaching opportunities.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Urbana has
one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with the
University of Illinois being the largest employer in the area.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician
Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty
- Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and
other federal health programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's
programs for professional malpractice and other liability
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the
State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.PREFERRED
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the
patients servedEOE Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Champaign , Lead Hospice/Palliative Care Physician, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!