Company: Cvs Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionDo you want to make a difference in someone's
life?Are you ready to have a career with purpose?At CVS Health, our
Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose of helping
people on their path to better health. As a Pharmacy Technician in
one of our retail stores, you'll use your knowledge and skills to
help thousands of people in your community get the medications they
need to live healthier lives.As the first point of contact for our
patients and their caregivers, you'll have the opportunity to shape
their customer experience and make each interaction outstanding.
You'll be empowered to do this through a suite of tools and
resources that help you and your team maintain operational
excellence and provide custom services that save your patients time
and money. As a member of the team, you'll accomplish your goals
and contribute to something bigger -impacting patient lives.Whether
you're new to pharmacy or an expert technician, we offer full- and
part-time positions for all skill levels. We also provide education
and training so that you can grow professionally and personally
while staying up to date on new products and services, and
innovative ways to care for your patients. New technicians are
required to complete our extensive training program for Pharmacy
Technicians and satisfy all registration, licensing and
certification requirements according to your state's Board of
Pharmacy guidelines.The pharmacy is a fast-paced, ever-changing
environment, where each interaction has intention and the team
works together for a shared purpose. If this excites you, please
join our team of dedicated Pharmacy Technicians who demonstrate our
core values of Accountability, Caring, Collaboration, Innovation
and Integrity in everything they do, every day. We are ready to
help you achieve your career goals!Please note in select markets
the collective bargaining agreement rules regarding the Pharmacy
Technician would apply.DisclaimerThe above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job.Routine Job
- Lives our purpose of helping people on their path to better
health by engaging customers to learn about their health and
- Creates genuine human connections by focusing on service, and
keeping patients and caregivers top of mind at all times.
- Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and
resolving potential problems.
- Communicates among a number of individuals, including patients,
co-workers, insurance companies, and prescribers
- Works on a team to fulfill prescription orders from start to
finish with an in-depth understanding of each workstation
- Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws
(e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards,
and ethical principles.
- Complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient
safety, and protect patient privacy and security.
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and
- Balances quality and efficiency in all tasks, contributing to
both patient outcomes and broader team goals.
- As allowable in applicable states, certified and trained
Pharmacy Technicians can expand on their clinical and managerial
responsibilities, including administering vaccinations.Physical
- Standing / walking for an extended period of time.
- Near vision; ability to see details at close range to perform
activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal,
reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Wrist / finger speed; ability to make fast, simple, repetitive
movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to push and pull objects, including drawers and other
items of similar weight, as well as reaching overhead.
- Ability to handle and work with small instruments and
- Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and
requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maximum
to a height of 4 feet).
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of
sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas
by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important
instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to
the needs of the pharmacy.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting
your state's Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- National Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician
certification program approved by specific state regulations (e.g.
PTCB, ExCPT, etc.).Education
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred).Business
OverviewAt CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping
people on their path to better health. We are working to transform
health care through innovations that make quality care more
accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused.
Working together and organizing around the individual, we are
pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the
heart.We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity,
inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate
in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or
characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: Cvs Health, Champaign , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!