Certified/Registered Medical Assistant CMA/RMA - Ortho Clinic Olney
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Will consider candidates that are not certiified/registered but
willing to obtain.The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered
Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and patient care
support duties in a medical practice to assist medical and/or
nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and
ensures that the office runs smoothly.
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patients chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, patient
check in or check out, prior authorizations, scheduling
appointments, verification of benefits, and coordination of
referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as urine
catheterizations, bladder scanning, suture or staple removal,
application or removal of casts at the direction of a provider,
reading results of negative TB skin tests or steering patient to
the care of a department nurse when TB screening appears to have
indications of a positive read, and other diagnostic testing at the
point of care.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Rooming Patients(Taking vitals, going through
- Assisting providers with minor procedures
- In-basket: Work/School/PE Notes, Handicap Placards, Prior
- Stocking/closing down rooms
- Removing splints/casts, dressing applications, staple and
- DME fittings
- MRI screening
- Collects and processes specimens accurately
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Certified/Registered Medical Assistant CMA/RMA - Ortho Clinic Olney, Healthcare , Tuscola, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!