Clinic RN - Radiology (Weekend)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all nursing responsibilities and duties required by
unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice following
department policies and procedures in accordance with accrediting
bodies and/or manufacturer guidelines. Maintains patient safety as
the highest priority. Reviews cases with the radiologist/physician
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care
provided to assure the integration of information for use by the
healthcare team. Recognizes and responds to any adverse or allergic
reactions including change is patient status requiring nursing
assistance. RN will provide patient medications utilizing the
patient 5 Rights: Right Patient, Right Medication, Right Route,
Right Does, and Right Time.
- Serves as a technical resource and subject matter expert for
staff, management, and physicians.
- Screens the patient for possibility of pregnancy and performs
pregnancy testing if applicable.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and workplace environment
including maintaining supply inventories and orderliness of work
area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs and reports service
needs in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety. Reports
safety events immediately including those that are a near
- Assists in instruction of students and new staff as necessary.
May perform duties of RN Lead/Supervisor or Imaging Coordinator in
- Meets productivity levels as established by department
benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to maintain
- Participates in QA/QC programs. Directs personnel in
maintaining standards set out by accrediting bodies, licensures and
- Aids in the annual review and periodic updates of department
policies and protocols.
- Perform additional RN 2 expectations per RN ladder.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Clinic RN - Radiology (Weekend), Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!