RN - Pre-op
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Assists and collaborates with physicians, Anesthesia personnel,
and OR Staff in providing a safe, positive, and efficient
experience for patients and families.
- Accountable for ensuring patients are prepared and ready for
their scheduled procedure time. Proactively addressing patient
needs and requirements for surgery to minimize patient delays.
- Rooms Patients:
- Brings patients to room
- Assist patient with undressing and putting on gown
- Obtains V/S
- Provides instruction and assistance on CHG bath if
- POC testing on patients (glucose and urine pregnancy)
- Provides direct patient care:
- Initiates IV therapy as ordered
- Administers medications as ordered
- Patient Assessment
- Provides discharge instructions
- Ensures all necessary documentation is present prior to patient
going to OR.
- Prepping of patients prior to going to OR.
- Works collaboratively with Child Life specialists as
- Assist Anesthesia when performing nerve blocks, Epidurals or
- Discontinue IV
- Ambulates patients to bathroom prior to discharge
- Performs bladder scans if patient is unable to void post
- Proficient in:
- Arterial and central line maintenance
- OptiFlow oxygen management
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Pre-op, Healthcare , Pesotum, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!