RN - Hospice
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Hospice Field RN is a professional caregiver who is a member of
the interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities include the
coordination and provision of direct and indirect patient care
using the nursing process to meet the physical, psychosocial,
environmental, and spiritual needs of Carle Home Services specific
patient populations and families throughout the geographical area.
Hours may vary depending upon census and program need.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Driver's License upon
hire and Proof of Auto Insurance upon hire and
One (1) Healthcare/Medical - Nursing General.
Ability to work with a team of related professionals. Drives
reliable transportation and maintains state required insurance and
Illinois driver's license in good standing.
- Demonstrates understanding of Hospice Regulatory
requirements/benefits including covered services, recertifications,
transfers, and non-recertifications. Follows regulatory
requirements regarding documentation standards.
- Comprehends department specific indicators.
- Performs case management activities of assessment,
coordination, planning, monitoring, implementation, and evaluation.
Interacts with clients, caregivers and families to assess, plan
care, arrange services, monitor, and provide support and
- Consistently completes all admission documentation within
policy guidelines.Returns admission documents to office complete
and in a timely manner (according to policy).
- Completes required admission/recertification corrections within
24 hours of receiving them.
- Completes visits notes and telephone conversations records and
transmitted timely according to policy (includes physician orders,
admission, routine, supervisory, telephone and discharge
- Ensures Physician Orders are written timely, corrections to
care plans are entered and transmitted according to time line.
- Reviews verbal orders with MD office, written and evidenced as
read-back, completed immediately and transmitted within time frame
established by policy. Once documented and transmitted orders are
never changed. Ensures patient visit string(s) are added to the
record to make sure visits are not missed.
- Ensures proper acronym is evident on all physician orders.
- Completes Home Health Aide supervisory visits.
- Acts as the coordinator of the health care team in order to
maintain the proper linkages within the continuum of care.
- Collaboratively communicates and initiates case conferencing as
necessary and documents interacts (other disciplines, MD, care
coordinator, insurers, etc.). Communicates pertinent information
for patient care conferences on all admits done by him/her.
- Practices in a manner sensitive to the needs of patients and
families. Provides care according to plan of care and orders.
- Directs the activities of the licensed practical nurse.
- Makes home health aide assignments, prepare written
instructions for the aide and supervises the aide in the patient
- Assess patients for appropriate placement in Hospice per
- Make home visits to monitor for signs and symptoms associated
with end stage disease and end of life
- Implement interventions to palliate symptoms in concert with
- Triage phone calls when on call
- Make home visits to assess and pronounce death, do post mortem
care, notify County Coroner of patient passing, notify Funeral home
- Provide comfort for the family and make appropriate referral to
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption,
healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , RN - Hospice, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!