Inpatient RN - Pediatrics/PICU
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Works collaboratively with Pediatric Intensivists and Pediatric
Hospitalists in the care of the Pediatric ICU/ Pediatric Advanced
Care patient and Pediatric Med/Surg patients
- Monitors intake and output of all pediatric patient
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs
- Administers medications using proper bar code scanning
- Notifies appropriate provider with high alert lab results
- Severs as a mandated reports for all suspected abuse/neglect
- Ensures excellent communication with patients, families through
meaningful hourly rounding, bedside report and whiteboard
- Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team to ensure
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Inpatient RN - Pediatrics/PICU, Healthcare , Tolono, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!