RN - Radiation Oncology
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Do you want to be part of something bigger then yourself? -Join
our oncology nursing team. -Our team approach supports new and
experienced nurses. We guide and encourage patients before during
and after their course of treatment. -We work closely with medical,
surgical and radiation oncology areas to coordinate care for our
patients. We find solutions to patient complications by working
closely with our amazing team of oncologists. -Most importantly, we
build lasting relationships with our patients by supporting them
through the most intimate and vulnerable times of their life. -Our
ideal candidate will value teamwork and compassion while also being
a fierce patient advocate. The Procedural Nurse utilizes a
systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing.
Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities
within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, and possesses the
knowledge and skills related to the radiation oncology treatment
process, side effects and symptom management.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Evaluate symptoms over the phone and in face to face contact
- Execute orders based on diagnosis and protocols.
- Monitor lab values to ensure safe levels for treatments and/or
- Evaluate walk in patients; provide physicians with patient
condition/complaint and recommendations.
- Provide Education to patients regarding treatments, side
effects and symptom management
- Assist physicians with procedures such as halo placement,
radioactive injections and HDR.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Radiation Oncology, Healthcare , Hoopeston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!