Speech Language Pathologist - Home Care
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Home Health evaluates
and treats patients of all ages for issues related to speech,
language, or swallowing. Serves as a role model in the delivery of
professional services and as a clinical resource for staff and
- Administers prescribed speech therapy treatment programs for
patient s to restore function, relieve pain, prevent disability and
- Anticipates and orders an appropriate quantity of supplies with
sufficient lead time that patient does not run out of supplies
- Communicates with all appropriate caregivers including as
family members, physicians, therapists, and nurses. As appropriate,
adds and documents all communication in patient medical
- Communicates the requirements for collaborative team and care
givers, assignments with scheduler, prepare written instructions
for the assistant and supervises the assistant in the patient
- Completes audits and other assigned tasks within assigned time
- Demonstrates understanding of Medicare Home Care benefits
including covered services, recertifications, transfers, and
non-recertifications. Follows regulatory requirements regarding
- Develops and implements a setting appropriate plan of care with
measurable and achievable goals that meet patients need.
Collaborates with patients and relevant others in the planning
- Documents and follows established department process to ensure
follow-up visits are scheduled.
- Documents evaluations and plans of care according to department
policy, including goals, modifications of treatment plans, and
patients response to treatments and discharge plans. Ensures
documentation is completed per regulatory and departmental
- Documents through comprehensive detail about patient visit,
information is sufficient that following staff can determine
exactly what and how care was rendered with a clear plan for the
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patient in activity regimens and
use of assistive/supportive devices.
- Monitors, supervises, and adjusts the plan of care in order to
ensure effective and efficient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulations for therapy and home
care, and all departmental policies and processes. Comprehends
OASIS and case mix index.
- Completes comprehensive OASIS assessment of patients.
- Assess homebound status of patients.
- Completes comprehensive speech therapy evaluation in patients
home and develop plan of care.
- Communicate with patients to schedule appointment times and
manage daily schedule.
- Educate family/caregivers on recommended home treatment
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Speech Language Pathologist - Home Care, Healthcare , Monticello, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!