Company: Paris Community Hospital
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description*This Role is PRN Hours*Horizon Health – Paris
Community Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in
Paris, Illinois. We have been serving residents of Edgar County
since 1968 though community education, emergency services, and
outpatient care. As we continue to expand our services & locations,
our community has grown far beyond Paris. Our rich history and
strong community support pave the way for the future of healthcare
as we serve you—our family, friends, and neighbors. Position
Summary: Provides high quality pre-hospital advanced life support
including assessment, triage, and treatment utilizing protocols and
guidelines established by within scope of practice; assesses the
nature and extent of illness and injury to establish and prioritize
care needed for safe transport of the critical patient to the
appropriate facility working in collaboration with partner; is
qualified to provide care for patients across the life-span in
assigned clinical area; responsible for assuring that safety
remains the highest priority throughout the transport continuum.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities/Accountabilities):
- Provides pre-hospital advanced life support care from the
initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting
medical facility; maintains thorough patient care
- Practices within his/her scope of practice as defined by the
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by
participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences.
Communicates educational needs to the manager or Education
- Maintains documentation of required licensure, certifications,
continuing education, drivers license and safety training, OSHA and
HIPAA training, clinical rotations, and advanced procedures.
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment
and supplies used. Responsible for reporting medical equipment
failures and taking initial steps to ensure repair of equipment as
directed. Maintains adequate supplies onboard ambulance to deliver
patient care. Keeps ambulance clean and orderly to insure rapid
response to all transport requests. • Maintains positive
interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives,
hospitals, and the public.
- Participates in patient and referring institution
- Participates in planned outreach marketing and education
- Functions as a medical team member.
- Completes necessary documentation. Complies with safety
standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and
- Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by Medical
- Serves as a role model, educator and clinical resource.
- Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new
employees and students as assigned.
- Participates in continuing and outreach education
- Participates regularly in departmental activities, projects,
- Attends and participates in meetings according to established
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities as
- Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned The
responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive; other
activities may be required in support of the hospital's goals and
objectives. Position Requirements:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Current Certification as EMT-Paramedic in State of Illinois,
PHRN course, or National Registry Paramedic with expectation to
obtain Illinois reciprocity.
- Current CPR Certification, current ACLS certification, PALS
certification, PHTLS/ITLS certification, National Registry
preferred Horizon Health is committed to caring not only for our
patients, but for our staff as well. We offer you an extensive
total compensation and benefits package. As an employee of Horizon
Health, your benefits include a competitive salary, medical, dental
and vision insurance, Employee 403(b), health savings account with
Company match, as well as Vacation, Sick and Paid Holidays.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing
applicants for the Paramedic. Be part of an organization that is
dedicated to the growth and development of its colleagues. Here at
Horizon Health, our employees speak for themselves. Join our family
& begin an incredible career!
Keywords: Paris Community Hospital, Champaign , PARAMEDIC, Healthcare , Paris, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!