RN - Quality Outcomes Coordinator
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This Quality Outsomes Coordinator will cover Rogers 7 and
Parkview 7 (Med/Surg), Parkview 8 (Med/Surg & Advanced Care),
Rogers 3 (Rehab). - The Quality Outcomes Coordinator (QOC) works at
the unit-level, in collaboration with bedside staff and unit
leaders to deliver effective, efficient, high-quality care. The QOC
continuously evaluates care at the bedside, identifies gaps in
processes and facilities process improvement activities to improve
outcomes. Implements evidence-based research into practice to
ensure patients benefit from the latest innovations in the delivery
of care. The QOC serves to increase the driving force and
consistency of quality and safety at the unit level.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks/projects while meeting
- Utilizes metrics on unit dashboard and other quality metrics
(NDNQI, VON, etc.) to prioritize and drive practice changes.
- Evaluats current practices and implements evidence-based
practice recommendations for change.
- Identifies essential relationships and variations in clinical
practice for a specific unit patient population.
- Collaborates with the unit manager, supervisor, bedside staff,
other healthcare providers to address issues related to patient
care and patient care outcomes.
- Participates in work groups to improve unit and hospital wide
patient care issues through implementation of evidence-based
- Serves as a role model and resource for the nursing dividison
shared governance model.
- Collects data and evlautes trends in patient outcomes on the
unit (nurse-sensitive indicators, core measures, VBP metrics,
- Reviews overall compliance by staff on regulatory agencies
related to patient safety.
- Participates i safety initiatives at the department level to
improve care outcomes within the microsystem of care.
- Collaborates and works with other unit quality outcomes
coordinators to improve care across the continuum.
- Writes and revises unit-based policies, procedures, and
standards to reflect the latest evidence.
- Tracks and reports quality outcomes and unit trends to
management, physician teams, and bedside nurses.
- Provides real time accountability, coaching, education to
promote ownership of safe practice.
- Utilizes performance improvement methodologies (PDSA) to
- Completes an equivalent of 8 hours of direct patient care hours
- Participates in daily WB rounds to evaluate care and ensure
that current practices and policies are being followed
- Collaborates with bedside nurses and providers in evaluating
daily necessity of urinary catheters, telemetry, and central
- Collaborates with unit manager, supervisor, other QOCs, and
quality department to ensure consistency of practices across the
- Reviews enterprise reports, tracks trends, and facilitates
process improvement teams to improve processes
- Reviews events of hospital-acquires conditions, identifies
trends, and facilitates process improvement efforts to reduce unit
- Proactively rounds on unit, focusing on high-risk patients to
ensure appropriateness of care
- Performs daily rounds with bedside nursing staff to address
patient risk for falls and ensure appropriate interventions are in
place, necessity and compliance of invasive lines, continued need
for telemetry use, correct and complete documentation, restraint
necessity and continuation, risk of pressure injury and
implementation of appropriate reduction measures, and overall
patient and environmental safety
- Assesses and evaluates the appropriate use of bedside sitters
and video remote sitters, if applicable
- Promotes transparency of data and accountability by providing
quality reports to unit leaders and bedside nursing staff on a
daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Collaborates with unit leadership and unit educator in
conducting a needs assessment for continued education
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Quality Outcomes Coordinator, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!