RN - House Administrator
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The House Administrator (HA) coordinates the functions and
activities of all hospital departments as a continuous operation 24
hours a day. The HA has the authority/accountability as the
administrative representative/resource to provide direction, system
expertise, decisions, resources, and leadership to ensure
uninterrupted hospital operations.
- Allocates and redirects staffing resources to ensure
cost-effective, high quality, safe patient care.
- Coordinates operations between hospital departments to ensure
effective patient throughput.
- Serves as resource to all departments regarding hospital
policies, procedures, and hospital systems.
- Functions as leader/mentor/advisor for nursing staff.
- Rounds on nursing units, ED, and other procedural areas
throughout the facility. Evaluates patient care activity to assure
continuous quality and compliance with established guidelines,
standards and policies and procedures and intervenes as
appropriate. Reports any deficiencies or liabilities to appropriate
- Collaborates with nursing staff to meet hospital-wide quality
- Communicates with appropriate Hospital Administration/Nursing
Leadership any significant issues/concerns throughout the
- Activates and directs emergency management during
- Facilitates customer relations with patients, families, news
media and public, and presents a positive image when interacting
- Responds to all Trauma Reds, Code Speeds, Code Strokes and Code
- Collaborates with security to ensure safety of staff, patients
- Coordinates the organizational response during times of high
census, including activating and leading Hospital Incident Command
System (HICS) meetings.
- Oversees all patient deaths throughout the facility.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - House Administrator, Healthcare , Georgetown, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!