RN - Anticoagulation Management
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The AMS RN provides comprehensive protocol based management of
patients on Warfarin. Each AMS RN must complete an Anticoagulation
Management Certification Program through University of Southern
Indiana. The AMS RN provides extensive patient education,
management of the patient's warfarin dosing and INR scheduled lab
work and communicates with physicians and other healthcare
providers as needed. The AMS RN also provides post hospitalization
follow up as well as care and education for patients on warfarin
having procedures.**On-site training then remote potential**
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Review all AMS INRs and assign calls per protocol (alert,
today, 24 hours, 24-48 hours)
- Call and triage patients with abnormal INR lab results
- Manage patient's warfarin per protocol or MD order
- Patient education
- Pre and post procedure patient management as well as hospital
- Telephone messages (patient questions, triage and
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Anticoagulation Management, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!