RN - Service Line Coordinator - Operating Room
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The RN Coordinator - Service Line coordinates the daily
activities of the assigned specialty service(s) in the Operating
Room. Fulfills a leadership role by taking responsibility for
monitoring and developing efficient daily workflow for assigned
service line. Collaborates and partners with Service Line
Coordinators, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing across all
organizational surgical locations. Ensures appropriate equipment
and supplies are available for all surgical cases. Provides direct
support to the surgeons and staff who are performing patient care.
Responsible for obtaining and updating all Physician Preference
Cards for new and existing physicians.
- Maintains/completes competency checklist for all employees that
rotate through the specific service lines and ensures completion of
employee annual organizational and departmental specific
competencies in collaboration with the perioperative services
- Responsible for Service Line Equipment needs, in collaboration
with the surgeons and Capital/Disposable Equipment Buyer.
Accountable for communicating and obtaining feedback from surgeons
to track and request capital items and disposable
equipment/supplies. Provides input to the manager for equipment
purchases. Ensures that surgeons, staff and management are kept
apprised of these requests and final decisions.
- Responsible/Accountable for OR suite efficiency related to
service line (s) to include: a) on time starts in collaboration
with Perioperative Leadership Team; b) Reviews future surgery
schedule to ensure appropriate equipment/supplies are available for
all cases in collaboration with the Perioperative Implant/Omnicell
- Responsible/Accountable in collaboration with the Perioperative
Services Educator for staff education and training related to
Service Line Specific Workflows, Capital Equipment, and
- Accountable for staff and surgeon satisfaction by reviewing OR
and service line operational Workflow efficiencies. Responsible for
implementing and communicating workflow consistencies in order to
facilitate a smooth process for patients, surgeons, and the
- Participates in the ORVAT process.
- Ensures vendors, reps, visitors, and staff are following Carle
policies and procedures.
- Assists management in maintaining and developing a budget for
supplies and equipment
- Maintains constant flow of communication with operating room
staff and surgeons regarding patient or supply issues.
- Has 90% direct patient care duties unless negotiated with
manager. Is assigned to work the majority of patient care time
within accountable service lines.
- Provides input on performance appraisals for staff to the OR
- Coordinates nursing activities for assigned clinical unit(s)
providing clinical expertise in the nursing process.
- Create, update and maintain preference cards
- Suggest and submit capital request
- Present new items and equipment to ORVAT
- New surgeon onboarding
- Orientation of new employees, mid levels and surgeons
- Facilitate OR efficiency, preview future schedule, flow of
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Service Line Coordinator - Operating Room, Healthcare , Fairmount, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!