RN - Medical Oncology
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Our team approach supports new and experienced nurses. We guide
and encourage patients before, during and after their course of
treatment. We triage our patients over the phone and in person. We
work closely with radiation and surgical oncology, nutrition, and
palliative medicine to coordinate care for our patients. We find
solutions to patient problems by working closely with our
Oncologists. Most importantly, we build lasting relationships with
our patients by supporting our patients through the most intimate
and vulnerable times of their life.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include
assisting with procedures using conscious sedation, placement of
IV's, and administering chemotherapy drugs.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Evaluate symptoms over the phone and in face to face contact
- Execute orders based on diagnosis and protocols.
- Monitor lab values to ensure safe levels for treatments and/or
- Evaluate walk in patients; provide physicians with patient
condition/complaint and recommendations.
- Coordinate patient care concerns with regard to cancer care and
- Perform moderate sedation for patient procedures by
- Refill prescriptions per protocol.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Medical Oncology, Healthcare , Danville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!