Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) - Home Care
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Home Care Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) implements plan of
care as provided by the physical therapist, treating patients of
all ages. Serves as a role model in delivery of professional
services and as a clinical resource for staff and students. Hours
may vary depending upon census and program need.
Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Physical Therapy Asst (PTA) License Illinois upon hire and Basic
Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Driver's License Illinois
upon hire and Proof of Auto Insurance Illinois upon hire.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Documents through comprehensive detail about patient visit,
information is sufficient that following staff can determine
exactly what and how care was rendered with a clear plan for the
- Trains patients and/or caregivers in performance of patient
care and management.
- Administers prescribed physical therapy treatment programs as
developed by the Physical therapist for patients to restore
function, relieve pain and prevent disability, injury or loss of
- Anticipates and organizes delivery of patient supplies to
ensure fiscal responsibility as well as ensuring patient have
- Completes visit notes and telephone conversations records and
ensures they are transmitted in a timely manner according to
- Documents assessments and treatment interventions within the
scope of practice and according to the plan of care and to
- Educates and documents discharge planning occurring during each
visit, including communication with physician, nurse, therapist,
aide, patient and/or caregivers.
- Participates in patient care conferences as requested.
- Demonstates comprehension of and adherence to regulatory
requirements and departmental policies/processes.
- Assess homebound status of patients.
- Follow physical therapy plan of care to provide physical
therapy treatment in patient's home.
- Communicate with patients to schedule appointment times and
manage daily schedule.
- Assess home safety and recommend equipment to improve patient's
- Educate family/caregivers on recommended home exercise
- Performs wound care within the scope of practice and according
to the plan of care and to the department policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) - Home Care, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!