RN - Transitional Care Clinic
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Utilizes a systemic approach to nursing by incorporating
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice
of nursing. Provides and facilitates healthcare and transitions of
care to individuals, families and communities within the RN scope
of practice as defined by the Illinois Department of Nursing.
College Diploma Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS)
Two (2) years of Nursing experience in a clinic or hospital
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care
and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider
in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and
organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
and collaboratively with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Assists nursing supervisor in the development of departmental
protocols, policies and procedures. Provides leadership for
initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical
- Coordinate with patient scheduling, referrals, handoffs,
intake, assessment and provide continuity of team resources.
- Provide care management, facilitate transitions of care,
support home visits for high risk patients. Communicate with PCP
and other team members to ensure continuity of care, both within
the Carle system and external to the Carle system
- Outreach to patients to collect pre-visit information, verify
medications and allergies, collect vital signs, administer
medications and fluids and document all clinical assessments and
interactions. Complete pre-authorization and needed insurance
- Perform assessment, vital signs and complete necessary
screening for patients presenting to the Transitional Care Clinic
- Complete intake phone calls for patients scheduled for the
- Triage phone calls using Adult Telephone Protocol, 3rd
- Schedule appointments as ordered by provider.
- Assist with auditing patient records for compliance to TCC
- Follow up and document on inbasket notes and requests.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , RN - Transitional Care Clinic, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!