Certified Medical Assistant - CMA Float Staff
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Seeking a highly motivated individual interested in supporting
multiple areas within the ambulatory clinic setting. The Certified
Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant performs routine
administrative and patient care support duties in a medical
practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination
and treatment of patients and ensures that the office runs
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Certified Medical
Assistant (CMA) From the following certification bodies: National
Health Career Association (NHA), National Association for Health
Professionals (NAHP), American Medical Technologists (AMT),
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center
for Competency Testing (NCCT), American Allied Health (AAH) upon
hire or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Registered Medical
Assistant (RMA) From the following certification bodies: American
Medical Technologists (AMT) or the American Registry of Medical
Assistants (ARMA) upon hire.
Capacity to learn and retain information. Strong customer service
skills. Compassion and caring in dealing with others. Ability to
operate office equipment. Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, patient
check in or check out, prior authorizations, scheduling
appointments, verification of benefits, and coordination of
referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as urine
catheterizations, bladder scanning, suture or staple removal,
application or removal of casts at the direction of a provider,
reading results of negative TB skin tests or steering patient to
the care of a department nurse when TB screening appears to have
indications of a positive read, and other diagnostic testing at the
point of care.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volumes of
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to respectful treatment of all colleagues.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Reliable transportation to support various ambulatory clinics
- Float staff are required to perform all department specific job
functions within the scope of their role that is required in the
department in which they are standing.
- Medication reconciliation
- Medication refill request
- Point of Care testing & processing lab specimens
- Prior authorizations, completing forms, clear coverage for HAMP
- Collect and process specimens correctly.
- May be asked to work weekends/holiday as necessary. This would
be minimum requirement and rotation.
- May be asked to support pop up/temporary departments, as
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Certified Medical Assistant - CMA Float Staff, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!