RN - Program Coordinator - Occupational Medicine
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Employee Health Program Coordinator works collaboratively with
management and administration to promote and maintain the health
and safety of Carle employees by facilitating various employee
health programs. The position involves the coordination and
oversight of annual surveillance programs, to include; employee and
community flu clinics, annual TB skin tests, and annual respiratory
mask fits. Monitors the CDC website for updates, creates and
updates Employee Health protocols, creates and maintains the
Employee Health and Flu Clinic websites, counsels employees exposed
to diseases, prepares various reports for committees and government
agencies, and participates on Safety, Infection Control and
Immunization Committees. The Employee Health Program Coordinator is
a high profile position with internal and external communication,
as well as media coverage.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and
Three (3) years Nursing. Previous Occupational Health or Infection
Control experience preferred.
- Certification in Respiratory Mask Fits
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) preferrederred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must demonstrate the ability to develop, coordinate, prioritize and
implement projects and programs concurrently, possess strong
communication skills, and have the ability to travel and work
flexible hours. The Employee Health Program Coordinator performs
highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge,
its application to a variety of situations and exercise of
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement and
performance initiatives to support and improve care
- Actively pursues self development and professional growth by
keeping abreast of new healthcare technology and practices. Applies
new knowledge in the work setting and shares new learning with
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Acts as a role model/resource for others by providing guidance
and clarification regarding policy, procedure, documentation,
computer system operation and patient care needs.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Assesses, identifies and reports safety issues for patient and
- Assist manager with functions related to accreditation &
regulatory surveys including but not limited to: meeting
preparation, rounding/auditing, standards research, and data
- Assist Quality Services with ensuring clinical guidelines and
protocols are developed and systematically maintained.
- Collaborates with staff and managers to identify quality
- Fulfills a leadership role by taking responsibility for
monitoring and developing efficient daily work flow for assigned
- Participates in development and implementation of standards for
- Participates in staff interview process and provides feedback /
- Prepares, maintains and evaluates reports and records.
- Resolves work related issues, or assists employees in solving
work related issues, confers with manager to resolve more complex
- The Employee Health Program Coordinator works collaboratively
with management and administration to promote and maintain the
health and safety of Carle employees by facilitating various
employee health programs:
- Coordinate, implement and oversee annual surveillance programs,
- Annual Employee and Community Flu Clinics
- Annual Respiratory Mask Fits
- Annual TB Skin Tests
- Administrative and Operational Activities:
- Monitors the CDC website for updates on immunizations and
- Creates and updates Employee Health protocols.
- Creates and maintains the Employee Health and Flu /clinic
- Acts as a resource and educator regarding occupational /
employee health, regulatory agency rules, regulations, and
standards related issues.
- Communicable Diseases:
- Promotes disease identification and prevention within Carle by
collaborating with Infection Control regarding infection control
- Assists Safety Officer and Infection Prevention with employee
accident investigation and prevention.
- Performs essential job functions of a Registered Nurse for
employees who have been exposed to communicable diseases, and blood
and body fluid.
- Counsels employees exposed to communicable diseases.
- Prepares various reports for committees and government
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , RN - Program Coordinator - Occupational Medicine, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!