Certified Nursing Assistant
Posted on: January 23, 2023
$1,000.00 Sign on bonus - External Applicants Under the
direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care Technician
(HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and
performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs
of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other
departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees.
Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the
direct supervision of the nursing manager.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the
smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers,
cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered
Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as
outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital
signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily
living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Get report with delegated duties from nurse at beginning of
- Round on assigned patients on the odd hour doing purposeful
rounding. Marking initials on white board upon exiting patient
- Attend 5 out of 6 scheduled staff meetings per year
- Document patient care delivery per unit expectations/pass chart
audit with no more than 2 deficits
- Assist with activities of daily living with assigned patients.
This includes but is not limited to hygiene care, toileting,
ambulating as appropriate.
- Accurate I/O which includes documentation of meals, oral
intake, and urine/BM output, and lines, drains as appropriate
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!