*RRT - PRN
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
PRN schedules available at multiple Carle locations,
including:Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Eureka, Hoopeston,
Olney, among others.
Discuss interest in specific locations with a Carle recruiter.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) performs routine and
critical respiratory care procedures under the supervision of a
Respiratory Care Manager and Medical Director. Responsible for
performance and competency of care for neonatal, pediatric,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Respiratory Care Practitioner License Illinois upon hire and
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)(NBRC) upon hire and Basic
Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) within 1 year and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
within 1 year and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 1
Healthcare/Medical - Respiratory Therapy (RRT & CRTT). Solid
understanding of all aspects of Respiratory Care.
- Effectively evaluate the results of patient respiratory care
delivered per care plans.
- Accurately introduces, administers and charts the effects of
routine respiratory therapy and medication administration.
- Accurately setup, maintain, and chart the usage of oxygen
therapy, aerosol/humidity therapy and ventilator therapy.
- Provide ventilator support and airway management to neonatal,
pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Perform arterial blood gas and capillary blood gas analysis
(following Medical Director approval). Participates and performs
blood gas quality controls per regulatory standards. Participates
in blood gas proficiency studies.
- May be trained in endotracheal intubation and arterial line
insertion. May take a charge role.
- Completes assessments on ventilator patients and all other
patients on respiratory care services.
- Will accurately chart on the respiratory flow sheets in the EMR
and on the care plans. Will also charge accurately in the EMR.
- Processes and maintains respiratory equipment.
- Evaluates patients for routine respiratory care therapy on the
- Evaluates patients for routine respiratory care therapy for
patient in the Emergency room.
- Evaluates patient Evaluates patients for advanced respiratory
care therapy for patients in the ICU's
- Participates on all Transport teams. PEDS and Adult
- Obtains and analyses blood gases.. Arterial, Venous and
- Assist cleaning respiratory care related equipment
- Assist with stocking respiratory care related supplies on the
inpatient care units
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , *RRT - PRN, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!