Clinic RN - Float
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Seeking a compassionate, dedicated RN who enjoys variety to support
multiple ambulatory clinics throughout Carle Health. The Ambulatory
Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice
of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and
communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the
Illinois Board of Nursing. Shift differential earned for working
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Two (2) years Healthcare/Medical - Nurse: Registered Nurse
- Reliable transportation to support various branch clinics if
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients. ACLS/PALS
and Conscious sedation dependent on department trained to Float
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care
and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider
in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and
organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
and corroboratively with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Communicate with physicians on status changes and
- Ensures efficient patient flow and throughput.
- Performs comfort measures as needed for the patient.
- Practices in a manner sensitive to the needs of patients and
families. Provides care according to plan of care and orders.
- Phone triage
- Chaperoning provider
- Educating patients & Safety screenings---MRI
- Medication Refills
- Telephone messages (patient questions, triage and
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and
technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Will need to train in multiple outpatient clinical areas and
perform short term assignments to assist with departmental staff
absences (vacations, leaves, etc.)
- Travels to multiple departments/clinics in role as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Clinic RN - Float, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!