Medical Assistant - Oral Surgery at the Fields
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Medical Assistant maintains department patient care supplies,
ensures timely flow of patients, and assists physicians and nurses
to provide optimal care to patients and families.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Experience as a medical assistant or closely related healthcare
- Capacity to learn and retain information. Strong customer
service skills. Compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Proficiency in basic computer skills.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Communication skills, written, and verbalOrganizational skills with
attention to detailGeneral Clerical skills including ability to use
a fax machine, copier, conference phones, etc.Microsoft Office
technology; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patients;
reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs;
confirming reason for visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers
during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; disposing of
contaminated supplies; sterilizing instruments and equipment;
preparing patients for and taking 2D and 3D imaging; removing
- Keeps medical and office equipment operating by following
operating instructions and established procedures; troubleshooting
breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive
maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy patient care environment by
adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal
regulations; alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects medical office
operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others
regarding potential breaches.
- Improves medical assisting and medical job knowledge by
attending training sessions; reading technical publications.
- Contributes to medical assisting and medical office success by
welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others
accomplish job results.
- Ensures charges are captured on services delivered.
- Clean equipment, chairs, and rooms in between patients; replace
and restock supplies and linen.
- Take and record vital signs, recognize variances from normal
and take appropriate action by communicating to RN or
- Prepare patient for 2D and 3D imaging and preform digital
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Medical Assistant - Oral Surgery at the Fields, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!