Audiology 4th yr Doctoral Student
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Audiology 4th year Doctoral student will work under the
supervision of a licensed audiologist, performing evaluation and
treatment of patients with hearing and balance disorders. The
student will provide support for hearing aid evaluations and
service, as well as completing a range of technical inventory tasks
related to hearing aids.
Bachelor's Degree in Audiology or Speech and Hearing and 3 years of
Au.D. coursework and clinical practicum.
- Evaluate patients with auditory and balance disorders through
case history, clinical observation and diagnostic tests of auditory
- Plan and participate in habilitative and rehabilitative
programs for patients with auditory and balance disorders;
evaluation and fitting of appropriate hearing aids and assistive
- Educates and counsels patients on hearing aid care and
- Provides a variety of services to walk-in and scheduled hearing
- Collects invoices, inputs data and insures accurate
billing/credits from hearing aid companies.
- Provides hearing aid care, screenings, and information on
hearing loss at assisted living facilities.
- Enhances professional development through participation in
educational programs and inservice education.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff.
- Maintains department policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs diagnostic audiology evaluations
- Performs middle ear analysis/tympanometry
- Performs hearing aid evaluations, fitting, and follow-up
- Performs Otoacoustic emissions
- Performs videonystagmography and VEMP
- Provides assistance with assistive devices and wireless
- Performs electroacoustic analysis and listening check of new
and repaired hearing aids
- Performs cochlear implant evaluations, fitting and
- Performs evaluation, fitting and follow up for osseointegrated
hearing devices (BAHA)
- Tracks and enters data in EPIC for new and repaired hearing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Audiology 4th yr Doctoral Student, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!