Licensed Practical Nurse - Urology
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assumes responsibilities for
direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a
registered nurse (RN) or other provider in patient care
departments. Provides nursing services to patients and families in
accordance with the LPN scope of practice as defined by the
Illinois Board of Nursing.
College Diploma Practical Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Illinois and Basic Life Support
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates compassion and caring in dealing with others. Ability
to work cooperatively and follow direction in order to meet the
needs of the patient, family and department. Demonstrates clinical
knowledge in providing care for patients.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients under the supervision
of a registered nurse, midlevel provider or physician. Nursing care
is guided by the provider orders and the nursing plan of care
within the LPN scope of practice.
- Reports patient response to care to registered nurse or other
provider for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Assist physicians with office-based procedures, including
- Suture and/or staple removal under the direction of the RN
- Collects and process patient specimens correctly
- Enters patient medical history and medication reconciliation
into each patient's medical record
- Performs urinary catheter changes, including supra-pubic
catheter changes, under the direction of the RN, APP or MD
- Administer medications within the LPN scope of practice under
the direction of the MD
- Performs PTNS procedure under the direction of the RN, APP or
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Licensed Practical Nurse - Urology, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!