Health Care Tech/CNA- NICU
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Health Care Technician (HCT) NICU is responsible for the
preparation and delivery of all infant feedings. Preparation
techniques must adhere to all sanitary regulation and standards
established by regulating agencies and the healthcare facility.
Other duties include maintaining supplies and inventory for the
formula room, operating all equipment needed for feeding
preparation and breast milk administration, and adhering to unit
specific quality assurance standards for breast milk.
High School Diploma/Equivalent
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) and Illinois Food Handler Certification
Illinois or Food Service Sanitation Certification
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull
completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA
w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one
semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant
medical military training
- Prepares and delivers all infant feedings as ordered.
- Inventories and maintains sufficient infant feeding room stock
and and monitors breast milk storage and safety within the
- Practices and maintains appropriate sanitation and quality
assurance within the feeding preparation area.
- Assists in training other employees in infant feeding
preparation and proper handling techniques, as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the
smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers,
cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered
Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as
outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital
signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily
living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Monitors quantity and usage of donor breast milk
- Assists in the ordering process of Prolact for NICU infants
- Transports patient feedings to bedside refrigerators
- Assists with 2 handed care of VLBW neonates
- Manages complete inventory of breastmilk, donor breast milk,
prolact, and formula
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Health Care Tech/CNA- NICU, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!