RN - Post Anesthesia Care
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) within 1 year and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) within 1 year.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Assists and collaborates with physicians, Anesthesia personnel,
and OR Staff in providing a safe, positive, and efficient
experience for patients and families.
- POC testing on patients (glucose and urine pregnancy,
- Provides direct patient care to patients emerging from
anesthesia post op
- Initiates IV therapy as ordered
- Administers medications as ordered
- Patient Assessment
- Provides discharge instructions for patients meeting phase I
and Phase II criteria
- Works collaboratively with Child Life specialists as
- Assist Anesthesia when performing nerve blocks, Epidurals or
- Discontinue IV
- Proficient in monitoring and maintenance of:
- Monitoring of s/p mechanical thrombectomy
- Arterial and central line
- Chest tube
- Femostop Application
- Lumbar-EVD drains
- Sheath Vascular Access
- Mechanical ventilation
- IV medications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , RN - Post Anesthesia Care, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!