Clinic RN Convenient Care Plus
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by
incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals,
families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as
defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
Associates in Nursing or College Diploma in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS). ACLS
and PALS is required within one year of hire.
Previous healthcare experience is preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care
and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider
in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and
organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
and collaboratively with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes..
- Administers medication (IM, PO, Rectal, IV, SQ and
- Perform the following procedures: Ear washes, Nebulizer
Treatments, Peak Flows, Splint Applications, Crutch Training, and
Wound Care, Point of Care Testing, IV starts and therapy, Vision
Screenings, EKG, Catheterizations and Suture/Staple removal.
- Assist providers with procedures such as vaginal exams, suture
and staple placement, and incision and drainage.
- Member of the Code Team when needed.
- Nurse Lead when assigned during shift.
- Serve as preceptor for new employees.
- Performs patient education
- Perform watiing room and exam room rounding.
- Collects and processes specimens
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Cleaning of instruments.
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, vital signs and medication
reconciliation upon arrival for a patient visit
- Telephone triage, completes necessary telephone communications
with patients, families, pharmacies, and/or other health care
- Communicate tests results to patients via phone and use of My
Carle by working the nurse inbasket.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Clinic RN Convenient Care Plus, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!