Physical Therapist (PT) - Spine
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Evaluates and treats patients of all ages, modifying plan of care
as appropriate. Serves as a role model in delivery of professional
services and as a clinical resource for staff and students.
Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Physical Therapist (PT) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life
Support (BLS) within 30 days.
New graduates will be considered.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient transfers with
assistance as needed from bed, chair and floor, if applicable. Is
aware of and demonstrates safe and appropriate body mechanics to
reduce the risk of injury to self, staff and patients.
- Demonstrates respect by treating our patients and each other
with dignity and respect, being empathetic and caring, and staying
fully engaged with those who need our services.
- Designs an appropriate plan of care that integrates goals,
treatment, outcomes, and discharge plan. Adjusts the care based on
patient response and available evidence.
- Educates patients, family, caregivers, students, and other
health care providers using relevant and effective teaching
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine physical therapy
diagnoses and outcomes of care.
- Performs examination, selecting reliable and valid examination
methods relevant to the chief complaint, results of screening, and
- Produces documentation in accordance with the Clinical Process
- Screens patients using procedures to determine the
effectiveness of and need fortherapy services, if appropriate.
- Uses support personnel according to legal standards and ethical
guidelines. Monitors the care delivered by support personnel and
provides regular feedback.
- Evaluates patients impairments related to orthopedic and
- Establishes a plan of care based on functional deficits and
- Completes objective testing for range of motion, strength, and
performance of daily functional tasks
- Completes daily documentation and charging in therapy EMR
- Applies tape for stabilization, facilitation, or inhibition of
- Completes therapeutic modalities as appropriate including
ultrasound, interferential, iontophoresis
- Communicates with referring provider on patient progress and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Physical Therapist (PT) - Spine, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!