Clinical Pharmacist - Psychiatry/Behavioral Health Specialty
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The psychiatric/behavioral health pharmacist is responsible for
the provision of pharmaceutical care by working collaboratively
with a multidisciplinary health care team to promote appropriate
treatment for acute and chronic psychiatric, behavioral health and
related neurologic disorders. The pharmacist will provide
pharmaceutical care to patients in the inpatient and ambulatory
settings, in accordance with clinical guidelines, current
literature, and pharmacy policies and procedures. This clinical
pharmacist will collaborate with the psychiatric and behavioral
health providers to ensure appropriate treatment for all inpatient
and clinic settings.
- Involved in development, implementation and evaluation of
psychiatric and behavioral health patient care pharmacy
- Collaborate with the psychiatric and behavioral health team to
provide appropriate and cost effective pharmaceutical care to all
patients in the hospital and clinic settings
- Provide comprehensive medication managment including conducting
thorough medication reconciliation, performing clinical
interventions, working to reduce polypharmacy, reduce and identify
adverse drug reactions, and refer patients to pertinent clinics
- Performs medication utilization reviews.
- Serves as drug information resource for other healthcare
providers and departments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for various committee or
subcommittees requiring pharmacy knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with
government and commercial regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive medication reviews at the request of
- Precept pharmacy residents and students
- Assist in training of new employees as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Drug Information Management: Educate other healthcare
professionals on changes in medication therapy guidelines and
pertinent clinical trials
- Patient counseling
- Work closely with providers and other healthcare workers to
ensure medication lists are accurate and complete
- Evaluate and initiate cost savings strategies for the
- Provide psychiatric, behavioral health, and other pharmacy
related clinical consultations as required
- Assist in the development of clinical guidelines and smart sets
as related to appropriate behavioral medication therapy
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Clinical Pharmacist - Psychiatry/Behavioral Health Specialty, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!