Pharmacist Local Specialty - Sign On Bonus Available
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the pharmacy
department and is accountable for workflow management, clinical
management of patients, continuous quality improvement, adherence
to policy and procedure, compliance with internal and external
regulatory bodies, pharmacy sales, expense control and inventory
management, and image through the accurate filling of
prescriptions, and ensuring the highest level of customer service
(including patients, providers, and pharmaceutical and payer
partners), and developing and protecting department assets.
- Ensures department personnel provide hospitable service and
information; and are courteous, friendly, and efficient.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints, maintains and
improves overall image of pharmacy department.Operations
- Manages the daily operation of the pharmacy department.
- Improves prescription numbers, pharmacy sales, profit, and
image through the accurate filling of prescriptions, and by
providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of
patients, prescribers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and
- Reports prescription errors immediately and adheres to Company
policies and procedures relating to prescription incidents and the
Quality Improvement Program.
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and
Company policies governing all drugs and products; maintains
required records, documentation, and reports.
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and
procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains pharmacy department housekeeping,
maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being
of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable
government regulations and laws.
- Controls the store's safe and "bank," including electronic
register readings, cash withdrawals, cash accounts, daily cash
reports, cash over and short records, and other reports related to
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department
systems and equipment.
- Maintains awareness of third party pharmacy business
opportunities, and assures proper administration and implementation
of third party pharmacy systems and procedures to lessen payment
rejections. Resolves third party rejection problems promptly, and
resubmits rejected claims for payment on a timely basis.
- Manages and controls Prescription Department inventory. Adheres
to Company buying procedures, recommends and orders merchandise
from proper internal and external sources.People and Performance
- Supervises pharmacy department team members to assure
performance of required functions and adherence to Company policies
and procedures. Ensures proper licensure of all pharmacy department
personnel. Confirms pharmacy department employees are trained on
all required functions regarding payer and pharmaceutical
contractual requirements (adverse event reporting, data and
inventory reporting, clinical management). Reaffirms with all
pharmacy department personnel, on a regular basis, their
obligations regarding the dispensing of prescriptions only in good
faith.Training and Personal Development
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and
standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health
care, and retail management fields that relate to job
responsibilities, and integrates them into own
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with
physicians and other health professionals. Works collaboratively,
along with the Local Specialty Pharmacy staff.
Keywords: WALGREENS, Champaign , Pharmacist Local Specialty - Sign On Bonus Available, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!