Occupational Therapist - Outpatient Lymphedema
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats patients of all
ages. Serves as a role model in the delivery of professional
services and as a clinical resource for staff and students.
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient transfers with
assistance as needed from bed, chair and floor, if applicable. Is
aware of and demonstrates safe and appropriate body mechanics to
reduce the risk of injury to self, staff and patients.
- Designs an appropriate plan of care that integrates goals,
treatment, outcomes, and discharge plan. Adjusts the care based on
patient response and available evidence.
- Educates patients, family, caregivers, students, and other
health care providers using relevant and effective teaching
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine physical therapy
diagnoses and outcomes of care.
- Performs examination, selecting reliable and valid examination
methods relevant to the chief complaint, results of screening, and
- Screens patients using procedures to determine the
effectiveness of and need fortherapy services, if appropriate.
- Uses support personnel according to legal standards and ethical
guidelines. Monitors the care delivered by support personnel and
provides regular feedback.
- Documents evaluations and plans of care according to department
policy including goals, modifications of treatment plans and
patients' response to treatments.
- Evaluates patients impairments related to upper extremity
- Establishes a plan of care based on functional deficits and
- Completes objective testing for range of motion, strength, and
performance of daily functional tasks
- Completes daily documentation and charging in therapy EMR
- Completes therapeutic ultrasound treatment
- Completes fluidotherapy treatment
- Communicates with referring provider on patient progress and
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Occupational Therapist - Outpatient Lymphedema, Healthcare , Danville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!