Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Acute
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats patients of all
ages. Serves as a role model in the delivery of professional
services and as a clinical resource for staff and students.
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Occupational Therapist (OT) License Illinois upon hire and Basic
Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
- Continuing education requirements for this position may include
one (1) hour, four (4) hours, or eight (8) hours of content that is
assigned by the organization to comply with DNV Hip and Knee
Replacement Certification requirements. This content will only
apply to those directly assigned to the total joint replacement
practices and will be communicated to the applicable staff member
by the immediate supervisor. This requirement is subject to change
pending updates to DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient transfers with
assistance as needed from bed, chair and floor, if applicable. Is
aware of and demonstrates safe and appropriate body mechanics to
reduce the risk of injury to self, staff and patients.
- Designs an appropriate plan of care that integrates goals,
treatment, outcomes, and discharge plan. Adjusts the care based on
patient response and available evidence.
- Educates patients, family, caregivers, students, and other
health care providers using relevant and effective teaching
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine physical therapy
diagnoses and outcomes of care.
- Performs examination, selecting reliable and valid examination
methods relevant to the chief complaint, results of screening, and
- Screens patients using procedures to determine the
effectiveness of and need fortherapy services, if appropriate.
- Uses support personnel according to legal standards and ethical
guidelines. Monitors the care delivered by support personnel and
provides regular feedback.
- Documents evaluations and plans of care according to department
policy including goals, modifications of treatment plans and
patients' response to treatments.
- Evaluates and implements intervention plans utilizing
activities that are functional in nature and take into
consideration the functional and emotional needs of the
patient/family. Modifies approach in response to patient behavior
- Utilizes standardized outcomes measures in a uniform manner to
ensure functional performance is accurately reflected.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory and
- Collaborates with patient, family and significant others
throughout the rehabilitation process and provides education/family
training as necessary.
- Provides supervision to COTA and rehabilitation technicians in
accordance with regulatory agencies.
- Clearly communicates patient performance, change in status,
activity/transfer recommendations, and recommendations for
discharge disposition and equipment required for the next level of
care with the medical team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Acute, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...