Primary Care Medical Director Opportunity in Illinois
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Carle Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic physician
leader to join our expanding organization as Medical Director of
Primary Care at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois.
Summary of key duties and responsibilities:
- The Medical Director will be expected to maintain a clinical
practice with allocated time to help develop and lead the Primary
Care East division.
- The Medical Director will be a member of the local executive
leadership team and system senior leadership team. They will play a
key role in leading organizational culture change to align behavior
and standards of care at the Hospital and Health Center to be in
alignment with our mission to provide high quality health services
throughout the region.
- The Medical Director will understand and practice clinical
medicine, articulate the vision of Carle Health as a leader, and
motivate and lead others in shared vision of addressing the health
concerns of our local communities.
- The Medical Director will be essential to the setting of policy
and protocols to build an expanded, higher-volume,
technically-sophisticated and efficient system of care.
- Work collaboratively with the Dyad Partners in establishing and
accomplishing departmental goals and objectives in alignment with
the Strategic Pillars and values of the organization.
- Participate in change initiatives to continuously improve
patient care and the service delivery model.
- Monitor/help run daily operations and consistently work to
improve clinical quality and the efficient delivery of care and
will be dedicated to establishing and evaluating performance
expectations, which provide for the highest quality patient care
and consistency in clinical care standards, driven by patient
safety requirements and clinical outcomes monitoring.
- Play a supervisory role by establishing and communicating
expectations for performance and behaviors to the Primary Care
- Proactively share best practices related to workflows,
continuing education, engagement and patient satisfaction with
fellow leaders and providers.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new professional
staff team members as well as the onboarding and off boarding
process to ensure positive impressions of Carle are developed
- Directs the development of appropriate outreach programs to
enhance the delivery of care in the region. Responsible for working
with outreach physicians to establish and maintain programs.
- Must be an MD/DO.
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine,
or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics and hold an active Illinois Medical
License in good standing.
- Additional education in healthcare management and leadership
(MBA, MHA, MMM) preferred.
- Candidates must have 10 or more years of clinical experience in
their specialty and have at least 5 years of progressive physician
- Experience leading a primary care group and/or urgent care
group and/or experience as a physician executive of a clinical
service line or clinical institute preferred.
- Experience working in an academic setting and establishing
research, teaching, and graduate medical education programs
- 1-2 years of work experience as a Carle physician is
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Primary Care Medical Director Opportunity in Illinois, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...