RN - Occupational Medicine
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing
by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to
individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of
practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Accurately evaluate patient problems in person or by telephone
with resolution of the problem through advice, intervention or
referral.Triage telephone calls appropriately, returning calls in a
timely manner, and keep patients informed of delays in proble
- Act as a laison working with patient/family and physician to
determine next level of care
- Actively engage as an integral, collaborative member of the
patient's care team
- Actively involve patients/caregivers in their healthcare and
encourage shared decision making.
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement and
performance initiatives to support and improve care
- Actively pursues self development and professional growth by
keeping abreast of new healthcare technology and practices. Applies
new knowledge in the work setting and shares new learning with
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Acts as a role model/resource for others by providing guidance
and clarification regarding policy, procedure, documentation,
computer system operation and patient care needs.
- Provides Patient Care:
- Accurately measures and records height, weight & vital signs
(temp, pulse, respiration, BP).
- Completes medication reconciliation.
- Performs immunization reviews.
- Administers medications and vaccinations.
- Performs respiratory mask fits, EKGs and phlebotomy.
- Performs ear washes, dressing changes and suture removal.
- Counsels patients/employees on blood & body fluid
- Provides health and wellness education to patients.
- Provides treatment information to companies, insurance carriers
and outside treatment facilities to coordinate Worker's
Compensation medical treatment.
- Maintains Patient Care Environment
- Orders, receives and stores supplies and medications.
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms and procedure rooms.
- Calibrates patient care equipment.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Occupational Medicine, Healthcare , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...