RN - Urogynecology
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing
by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to
individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of
practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Provides pre-operative education to surgical patients,
including verbal instruction, appropriate printed education and
documentation in the patient's medical record
- Performs/Assists with office-based procedures. Procedures
include but are not limited to urodynamic studies, cystoscopy,
bladder instillations, voiding trials, PTNS and pessary
- Phone triage
- Obtaining patient records from referring physicians
- Communicating lab results and subsequent plan of care to
- Obtaining prior authorizations as necessary
- Performing pre-consult screening
- Obtaining medical histories
- Performs telephone triage of urology patients and collaborates
with the medical team to determine and execute plan of care for
- Collaboration with other departments and disciplines to direct
care and interventions for urology patients
- Proficient with urinary catheter insertion, changes and
collects and process patient specimens accurately
- Assessment of surgical wounds and appropriate dressing changes,
including suture and/or staple removal
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Urogynecology, Healthcare , Fisher, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...