Certified/Registered Medical Assistant CMA/RMA - Milford
Posted on: May 25, 2023
We will consider candidates that are not certified/registered as
a medical assistant. -
The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant
performs routine administrative and patient care support duties in
a medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the
examination and treatment of patients and ensures that the office
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, patient
check in or check out, prior authorizations, scheduling
appointments, verification of benefits, and coordination of
referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as urine
catheterizations, bladder scanning, suture or staple removal,
application or removal of casts at the direction of a provider,
reading results of negative TB skin tests or steering patient to
the care of a department nurse when TB screening appears to have
indications of a positive read, and other diagnostic testing at the
point of care.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Prepares patients for provider visit including vital signs,
patient history, setting up exam supplies and conducting vision
- Performs point of care testing such as urine dips, rapid strep
screens, EKG and oxygen saturation testing to include placing
orders and inputting results.
- Administers certain injections, nebulizer treatments, ear
lavages and oral medications under provider orders.
- Manages medication refills per nursing protocol including
contacting patients when due for office visits and lab work.
- Performs insurance prior authorizations for diagnostic tests as
well as placing orders for studies done by external providers.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Certified/Registered Medical Assistant CMA/RMA - Milford, Healthcare , Melvin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...