RN Supervisor - ObGyn Clinic
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The OB/Gyne supervisor manages nursing activities within the
OB/gyne department and provides clinical expertise in the nursing
- Manages daily nursing activities of Patient Care Department(s)
in conjunction with patient care manager.
- Performs essential job functions of direct reports.
- Recommends and initiates various personnel actions including
but not limited to hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary
actions, and promotions; make work assignments and review and edit
work of direct reports. Ensures staff members are adequately
trained and are competent to perform all required job tasks.
- Resolves work related issues, or assists employees in solving
work related issues.
- Participates in development, planning and monitoring of fiscal
- Assists in development and review of department policies,
procedures, standing orders, and competencies.
- Manage the daily operation and flow of the ambulatory
obstetrical/ gynecological department.
- Serve as a role model for professional conduct and excellent
- Provide education to providers, staff, patients/ families in
the ambulatory clinic setting.
- Ensure that high quality patient care is being provided by
nursing and other medical support staff through monitoring,
educating, mentoring, and modeling.
- Ensure that the department is in compliance with DNV and Magnet
- Direct the work force in terms of overall staffing for
vacations, medical leaves, and unplanned absences. Arrange coverage
for appropriate use of float staff.
- Responsible for personnel related duties: payroll, interviewing
and hiring, disciplinary action, enforcing duties, and departmental
- Work collaboratively with other clinic departments to develop
effective and relevant staff and patient educational
- Monitor audit results and work with the Partnership Council to
develop plans for performance improvement.
- Coordinate physician schedules and on-call coverage.
Electronically post call schedules for CNMs and physicians to the
- Formulates, evaluates, and updates protocols and guidelines on
a yearly basis.
- Assist with completion of the budget and obtain quotes for and
request new equipment. Ensure that all equipment is inspected
annually and as needed.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN Supervisor - ObGyn Clinic, Healthcare , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...