Inpatient RN - Orthopedics
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Assess ortho and medical/surgical patients every shift
- Educate ortho and medical/surgical patients on wound care,
proper mobility, self-care, medication management, care transition
needs and any additional patient specific needs
- Coordinate with physician and surgeon partners on the care of
ortho and medical/surgical patients
- Delegate and monitor interventions of the HCT staff
- Set up ortho traction and manipulate surgical traction devices
for mobility and wound care
- Manage wound appliances such as wound vacs, drains, pouches and
other urological devices
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Inpatient RN - Orthopedics, Healthcare , Potomac, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...