RN - Pulmonary Specialty Care Coordinator
Posted on: May 26, 2023
**Work From Home Potential**
Hybrid work schedule: 2 days remote opportunity after 6 months of
employment, with successful completion of orientation, training and
The Specialty Care Coordinator acts as an advocate to assist
disease specific high risk patient populations in navigating
throughout internal and external systems in order to facilitate the
diagnosis and treatment process. Applies the nursing process
through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the
patient in order to provide the optimal level of patient care.
- Assists patients in understanding diagnosis, treatment options,
and resources available internal and external to the
- Serves as liaison in planning care between patients, caregivers
and multi-disciplinary health care providers.
- Provide education and informational resources to patient to
optimize continuous and comprehensive care.
- Collects data and prepares various reports pertinent to
- Communicate with Extended Care Facilities when applicable.
- Provide education on the importance on medication adherence,
vital sign monitoring, follow up appointments, and other activities
to maximize patient knowledge of self-care and reduce avoidable
- Rounds on high risk patients in the hospital to discuss follow
up with the specialty care coordination program
- Participates in teaching a class on living with specifc disease
processes on the inpatient setting
- Attends both specialty clinic meetings and mandatory meetings
for the care coordination department.
- Conducts extensive follow up post discharge on patients in the
program including medication reconciliation
- Utilizes EPIC to run daily reports for their population and
document using standardized templates
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives as well as
- May perform patient visits to primary residence for additional
education, medication reconciliation, and other nursing
- Works with high risk population admitted to the hospital,
navigating the discharge plan of care and follow up. Continues to
reach out to the High Risk Population for support and triage of
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Pulmonary Specialty Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Thomasboro, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...