RN - Lactation Services
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated
time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization
of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and
human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- In addition to facilitating communication prior to and during
the transfer process, the nurse in this role will be responsible
for maintaining communication after the patient stay in order to
maintain continuity of care for the referred patient. Provides
follow-up calls and communication with both internal and external
customers to meet the needs of the patient.
- Incorporates new knowledge to initiate changes in nursing care
practice if desired outcomes are not achieved. Designs quality
improvement initiatives to evaluate the need for change. Models
expert practice to interdisciplinary team members and healthcare
consumers. Mentors and precepts other nurses and colleagues as
appropriate. Precepts graduate and undergraduate nursing students.
Seeks feedback regarding one's own practice from peers, patients,
and professional colleagues.
- Strong customer service skills
- Directly supervises the breastfeeding patient in the nursing
units as required
- Instructs in proper hold , latch and breastfeeding
- Instructs new nursing staff in breastfeeding techniques
- Communicates to OB or Pediatrician relating to specific
abnormal assessments seen
- Documents clearly findings and required plan for the nursing
dyad in EPIC
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Lactation Services, Healthcare , Savoy, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...